Put the Fire Out:
Transform Challenging Behaviors
(without the outdated and ineffective
This new parenting journey is not based in behavior management and compliance, but rather, a body-based approach.
You will learn how to befriend the body, and discover what lies beneath the behavior. Then we can address the root causes of the challenging behavior.
We draw on the last four decades of scientific breakthroughs in neuroscience, the science of connection, the biology of stress to provide evidence-based strategies and techniques.
Join us for this "course correction" in how you see your child's behavior and how you approach parenting. This new roadmap will lead you on a parenting path filled with more joy, connection and ease, and less stress, fewer power struggles and less overwhelm.
And these are the secrets you will need to transform that challenging behavior into calm, connected and cooperative behavior!Let's Do This!
Transform how you see your child's challenging behavior. What if their "misbehavior" is actually "stress behavior"?
Only once you discover the underlying causes and reasons for the "stress behavior", can you transform your child's challenging behavior into calm, connected and cooperative.
About the Course
This pre-recorded course, is accessible 24/7, and includes videos, handouts, and access to an online member community with live Q & A talks, and replays. The course is designed to release a module each day, for seven days; you may wish to power through, as an intensive, for a faster transformation, or you may wish to view each module once a week! The course will be available to you for two full months.
In addition, during those two months, you will have access to the Inner Wisdom Parenting Online Community, a small, safe, supportive membership, with live Q&A sessions, replays and an opportunity to post specific questions, for a personalized response.
And when you finish the course, you will get access to the course for the lifetime of the program, to re-visit at any time!
Life was stressful before the global pandemic hit and upended everyone’s version of “normal”.
And while you’re trying to hold it all together in this sh**show of a year, your child may also be experiencing some (or many) of these behavioral challenges:
- Acting out
- Defiance and pushback
- Hitting, biting, pushing and other forms of aggression
- Sass, talking back, not listening
- Meltdowns and hysterics
- Checked out, numb, withdrawn, unreachable
And if your child is experiencing more challenging behaviors, they are not alone.
Oh, and if YOU are also feeling the overwhelming stress, the exhaustion, depletion and parental burnout, then you are in the right place. And you are not alone.
I have been there; I feel you and I’m here to help.
When our sweet, funny, loving son turned four, it was a perfect storm of very reasonable reasons that caused his behavior to go off the rails… tantrums, meltdowns, aggression, defiance. I was in tears regularly, and we tried EVERYTHING.
And they all worked. About 5%. Nothing was the “magic bullet” I was hoping for…
Since we discovered this approach, we started experiencing fewer tantrums, that are much shorter in duration and less intense, and very few meltdowns. And he recovers much faster, getting back to calm more quickly and more easily. Overall, he is much more calm, cooperative and able to manage the wild ride of his emotions.
And even now, during this intense year of the pandemic with nothing but unexpected changes, loss and stress, we very rarely see that kind of challenging behavior.
For example, recently we had experienced a series of unfortunate events at home too numerous to mention (adulting sucks sometimes) when I looked in the backseat to see our son, sitting quietly, hands gently clasped, slowly breathing, eyes closed.
When he opened his eyes, I asked him what he was doing, and he said, “Oh, it has been stressful, so I was just calming down.”
When I discovered the the concept of "self-regulation", that led me to training for five years in emotional and self-regulation, the Autonomic Nervous System, the biology of stress and more. From this, I developed the "New Roadmap to Parenting", which incorporates the latest research in neuroscience, the autonomic nervous system and the science of connection.
And once I committed to that new parenting path, everything changed…for the better.
This had been the missing piece; and through this lens, I could now see how and why everything else helped…a little bit.
You’ve probably tried "all the things": limits, consequences, rewards, punishments, sticker charts, timeouts, yelling, not yelling, reasoning, and more.
But there is an obstacle, preventing any of these approaches from having a lasting impact, which is this: you’ve been addressing the behavior, which is only the tip of the iceberg. And this approach – to focus on only behavior - is necessary…but not sufficient.
It is what is underneath the behavior, that is driving the behavior and this is the key (hint: the Autonomic Nervous System!) And when you are able to unpack why your child is behaving this way, then you will start to see your child differently.
And when that happens, you will start to see a different child. Beautiful.
If we see behavior as just part of the picture, and more of an observable symptom, and ultimately, we just see behavior as a form of communication – then we can focus on what’s underneath their behavior, what the behavior is trying to tell us, and address it there…with soft eyes, care and compassion.
And when we do that, the challenging behaviors just fade away.Yes! I'd like to "put the fire out"!
In the "Put the Fire Out: Transforming Challenging Behaviors" Online Course, you will discover:
The Body's Stress Response
An effective understanding of the “biology of the stress response” which then serves like an internal map to navigate your child back to calm.
The Behavior Iceberg
The secrets below the surface, that explain why your child is engaging in challenging behavior. What is kicking off the stress response?
The "Vulnerable Nervous System"
Why some kids have a highly sensitive nervous system which can result in a very quick trigger for big reactions and what to do about it.
Learn the Most Powerful Parenting Tool We Have: Co-Regulation
There is NO specific strategy that works for all kids, all the time...except this one: co-regulation. Learn how to put this incredible tool to work, to transform your child's behavior.
How to Identify Stress Behavior
How to use physical and emotional cues to discern stress behavior from simply misbehavior.
Strategies that Support Regulation
Discover key strategies that will make a powerful difference to support your child’s regulation (and your own) and can be put to work today.
Why this Training?
In completing this powerful, transformative training, you will ultimately understand what is going on beneath your child’s challenging behaviors.
This is essential, for three reasons:
1. It will completely change how you relate to that challenging behavior, when you can see it for what it really is (of course, you won't always, being human and all).
2. It is the information you need if you want to transform those behaviors for the better… to more calm, more connected and more cooperative.
3. You will save time, effort, energy, money by directing your efforts specifically towards the root causes of the behavior, and the contributing factors.
And wait...there's more!
Bonus #1: Masterclass on "The New Lens of Discipline: Moving from Compliance to Connection"
This masterclass will walk you through how to handle discipline, punishments, consequences: if your child is acting out due to stress behavior, it is not willful, intentional, thoughtful behavior. Does a punishment or a consequence then prevent that kind of behavior in the future? Is that "better behavior" something that just needs to be learned? Or does your child know it is wrong, but is doing the best he or she is able to do? But in the absence of the consequences, time-outs, punishments...then what does discipline look like? This masterclass will show you the way. NOTE: This masterclass will automatically be made available to you, once you complete the Put the Fire Out course - an incentive, to encourage you completing the course!
Bonus #2: Two Month Membership in the Inner Wisdom Parenting Community
Enjoy a two month membership in the online Inner Wisdom Parenting Community. Connect with me and other parents for ongoing support, resources and encouragement, including live Q and A sessions and live, specific topic sessions, approximately 2-3 times a months (and recorded for future access). We will support each other in the inner game of parenting! And you are welcome to extend this membership after those three months for just $10 a month.
Still Not Sure?
Taking advantage of the Put the Fire Out course might seem stressful - one more investment of time, money and energy, which is already limited, to find the ultimate path to transforming your child’s behavior for the better.
I get it. I really do.
I have been there – and it was painful, overwhelming and stressful.
But consider this:
- How can you effectively solve the problem of this challenging behavior, if you have tried all the parenting techniques and getting the same results? Let's try a different approach, based on the latest research, and not the outdated, ineffective behavior management approach. That simply doesn't work for most kids, most of the time (but sometimes!)
- What about the average costs of other support you may seek out (or already have), such as occupational therapists, child psychiatrists, doctors, neuropsychological practitioners, play therapists etc? This approach will help you identify the resources and support your child really needs.
- What if this approach supports not only your child, in self-regulation, but your own as well? And when we are calm and grounded, our children are more calm and grounded… and when our children are better at managing life, we are less stressed at navigating parenting!
- This is the most foundational approach to supporting our children – the body-based approach. It is essential to understand how the body, and in particular, the nervous system, which is throughout the body and brain, works, in order to deeply understand what is driving behavior. And only then can we provide effective, sustainable techniques and strategies, to transform their behavior in a more positive direction.
Then the training, along with the support you'll receive in the online community, could change your life. For the better. Priceless.
Here's What You Get When You Purchase this Course:
- 7 modules designed to unpack what's driving your child's behavior - essential. Each module is released each day, for the first seven days, and then will be available to you for two full months, so you can enjoy the course at the pace the works for you.
Includes: the Biology of Stress, the Autonomic Nervous System, Co-regulation (the MOST powerful tool available to us, as parents), Understanding Your Child's Stress Bucket, the Vulnerable Nervous System, Discerning Stress Behavior from Misbehavior and includes 5 Key Strategies to Support Self-Regulation for your Child (and you). The online training is available 24/7, and includes short videos, handouts, and a Guide to support your own child.
The content will be available for two full months; however, once you complete the course, access will be changed to lifetime access! (value $795)
- Masterclass on "The New Lens of Discipline: Moving from Compliance to Connection" (value $95)
- Inner Wisdom Parenting Online Community Membership, for two months, a private online Inner Wisdom Parenting community, to connect with Melissa and other parents to share resources, questions and support, and includes live Q and A calls, replays of those calls, and special topics, 2 - 3 times a month, as well as the opportunity to post specific questions and receive individualized support (value $295)
- Lifetime access to the content (for the life of the program, once you complete the course!) (value PRICELESS!)
Put this value of over $1,185 to good use immediately...
... for just $95
Frequently Asked Questions
In case you are wondering...
Is this course designed only for very young children?
Is this course helpful and appropriate if my child has a diagnosis – or does not have a diagnosis?
How long will I have access to the online course?
How long will I have access to the Inner Wisdom Parenting Online Membership?
How long will it take to complete the entire course?
Before becoming parents, we imagine the little one holding our hand, toddling along, playing games, and sharing stories. And then, we disover... wow, it can be SO HARD sometimes. I feel you.
What do we do when our child's behavior is off the rails, inexplicable, challenging and sometimes exhausting?
I want to put your mind at ease. Transformation is possible. As a mama, I had to learn the secrets of self-regulation for my son (and myself!), which has truly changed our experience for the better.
And I can teach you too.
My professional background as an experienced coach, educator and trained and certified in children's emotional and self-regulation, along with my personal experience of parenting our young son with unique needs, provides me with the knowledge, expertise and experience to best support you. I will create a safe, non-judgmental space to facilitate your own family transformation!